Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Truths, Part 1

This is a post I put in the can awhile ago in case I had an extended delay. As some of you know, my Grandfather passed away last week and I was out of town for the entire weekend at his wake and funeral. I will post some of my fondest memories of him in the near future, but hopefully this can keep my readers still visiting my blog. Incidentally, sorry for the string of sad posts, I'm sure to break it soon as next week is our 20 week ultrasound!

In this post, I'll try to list a few items I've come to believe in, with strong conviction.

1. When buying shoes or a mattress, a person should never take the cheap option. You spend too much time on your feet and in your bed (though very little time doing both at the same time) to try and save a few bucks, it will come back to bite you.

2. Brushing my cats hair, even for a near infinite length of time, has no discernible effect on the amount of hair he sheds.

3. If you ever lend out a dvd to someone, you should consider them gifted away, and if the dvd happens to ever return, consider it a new gift to you.

4. The best ice cream flavors, and or descriptions, always contain one or more of the following words: Fudge, Caramel, Cookies, Chocolate, Dough, Chunk, Peanut.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Good luck on the ultrasound!

johnt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knox said...

#3 is hilarious. living in the delt house taught me that one for sure.